Tuesday 24 January 2012

Qurikifing Your Look-Part 2: Using Brands As The Fuel For a Quirky Style



So, as I said in my Inspired by....Melbourne post, this year I'm trying to add a bit more quirkiness to my personal style. And I encourage all my readers to take that jump with me. If you do plan on adding a bit of quirkiness to your look than these brands are perfect for you! And if you don't then you can still find some not-so-quirky and still ever so cute garments in these brands. These are brands I've read about in Frankie (my favourite magazine) or have just discovered on the Internet.   

All photo's were taken from the sites of the brands they are from. 

Etsy Brands   

Golden Ponies
This little Etsy shop is stocked up on VERY cute brightly coloured oxfords (brogues) and lovely satchels. They are hand crafted in Mexico and are about $39 each. Check them out at  

Oh Leoluca 

Oh Leoluca has super cute garments with bold, eye-catching prints. It’s fun and super modern. It’s closed at the moment. Don’t panic though; it will reopen in a couple of weeks. www.etsy.com/shop/leolunaescobar

PomPomClothing 

This vintage store has a massive range of clothing. It stocks clothing from both the 20th and the 19th century. It’s a bit out there for me but I’m sure it would totally work for some people.  www.etsy.com/shop/PomPomClothing/

Kimmy Kuo 

Kimmy Kuo is modern and with clean lines. The beautiful garments are architectural in a fashionable, trendy way.

Katie Jean  



This brand reminds me of spring. The designs are pretty and feminine. It’s fairly formal but very cute. 

It’s Ok My Dear 

This brand is a bit pricy but has adorable accessories. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. When you look at the site it’s like going straight down the rabbit hole.   

Not on Etsy

Garry Pepper Vintage
Garry Pepper Vintage is so utterly delightful I can’t get my head around it. I absolutely adore the dresses. In short it’s a brand full of floral prints and Peter Pan collars.  


Lauren Moffat 

When I popped past the Lauren Moffat website for a quick squiz, the first thing that caught my eye was a grey dress with a fitted off-white bodice. It was gorgeous, just like all the other pieces. 

Handsom  

Handsom is crazily quirky. The way they pair their garments (on the models) is totally out there. By themselves however, the garments really shine. They’re great and easy to add a personal style to.   


So, I hope you enjoyed. My next post will be Quirkifing Your Look – Part 3!

Stay quirky and fab
Xoxoxoxo
Isabella

PS. I am totally aware that ‘quirkifing’ you look isn’t a word BUT I’m taking a bit of creative license because it takes ages to say adding quirkiness. I’m sure you will agree quirkifing (pronounced quirk-ee-fi-ing) is a really fabulous word even if it isn’t official and in the dictionary. So, feel free to add it to your vocabulary as I have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you for commenting. I absolutely love receiving comments it always makes my day. Please nothing rude or hurtful. Thank you and have a lovely day.
Isabella xx