Saturday 5 May 2012

The Talentless State of the Pop Music Industry

OK, time to throw a bit of controversy into my blog.

Recently, just like the rest of the Australia. I have been watching The Voice (AUS).  I have been overwhelmed by the sheer talent of the artists on it. It seems the whole world has completely forgotten what real talent is. Look at the Itunes chart.  Hear the songs played on pop radio. You hear songs that are made by a computer and are madly auto-tuned. These songs are designed to be played in a club. I don't actually know anyone who lives in a club or spends their whole life there.  So, why the hell do we listen to such crap so MUCH? I would really like to know. 'Artists' like Rihanna, Nicki Minaj (and the list goes on) make thousands (no millions) of dollars out of what? Making sexy music videos. Making 'music' that is easy to dance to? Producing catchy songs. I honestly don't know. 

It's only when you see real talent that realise what a horrible state the industry is actually in.  But I (and many other music gurus - I am not implying I am in any way a music guru) predict a change in this techno inspired face of pop.

We all know Adele. She has broken all kinds of records. Her album has SOLD LIKE CRAZY and is still in the top 20. It's because she opened up the world's eyes to real, raw, honest talent. Which so many singers have. So, I have crossed fingers that this is the direction pop music is heading in. A chord driven ballad state.

I googled 'the horrible state of the pop industry' and came across a Yahoo Answers page full of strong opinions. Some people said music had become like fast food, some people said it was thanks to the youth of the planet (cough, cough....me) but what really stood out of the whole discussion is that no one really liked the whole computer made pop thing.

Of course, this is a very negative side to the argument. Also on the charts is Flo and the Machine, Ed Sheeren and some other really quite talented artists. But songs on the radio (and very often the charts) are predominantly techno, club-driven ones which I personally don't find very pleasent to listen to.

How do you feel about the current pop music industry? Answer in the comments.

Have a think about it,
Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you for commenting. I absolutely love receiving comments it always makes my day. Please nothing rude or hurtful. Thank you and have a lovely day.
Isabella xx